16 ounces of plain yoghurt
2 tbsp of baking soda
2 tbsp of liquid aminos
All mixed up together to rise in a bowl, the consistency ended up being rather watery, not like the mud consistency of the bentonite clay mixture. I had quite a good amount, more than enough to saturate my hair, as she recommends on her site.
First, I washed my hair with Garnier's shampoo+ conditioner for colored hair, detangling it with my fingers so it wouldn't tangle once the treatment was in.
Then I applied the treatment with my hands, working through in sections and detangling as I went. Because my mixture was so watery, it got a little messier than I anticipated, but it saturated my hair quite well.
About half-way through, I ran into quite a problem. Poofy started feeling quite brittle and started tangling, despite all the sectional finger detangling I had been doing. Instead of my fingers running through my hair as they would with a conditioner, the treatment made my hair stick together and start feeling hard. The last time my hair felt like that was when I left a leave-in conditioner in for way too long, and it's not a good feeling.
You're supposed to leave the treatment in for about 10 minutes at least, but Poofy was reacting badly, feeling all stiff and knotted, so I rinsed it out after about a minute or two of it sitting in. I then conditioned it with a mix I made that consists of conditioner, honey, lemon juice, and coconut oil.
This is the curl definition before I conditioned it-
All in all, I think my hair needs way more moisture than is in the treatment, which isn't surprising because my first bentonite treatment needed to be revised to include more moisture as well. The curl definition honestly wasn't that crazy, but it's my first time using both liquid aminos and yoghurt, so I'm not sure how Poofy would have reacted to them anyway.
All in all, I'd say the treatment didn't work as well as I'd hoped on my texture, although it did bump up the curl definition a bit. I'd definitely try it again, but I would add some honey and oils to see if that fixes the drying/tangling problem. I'm not sure if altering the ratio of yoghurt:aminos would help....or maybe it was the baking soda....
Anyway, we'll see. Let me know how the treatment worked for you and if you made any alterations, etc!
Peace out, curlies!